Celebrate Your Special Event with Leket Israel
What could be more special than adding a meaningful component to your special occasion. Be it Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, Birthday, Anniversaries and more, Leket Israel has a number of great opportunities to enhance your event.
Bar and Bat Mitzvah Celebrations
Volunteer with Leket in Israel
Make tikkun olam part of your Bar or Bat Mitzvah experience in Israel by harvesting fruits and vegetables in the field or sorting and packing produce for delivery to Israelis in need.
Leket’s Bar and Bat Mitzvah volunteers receive:
- A special presentation about Leket Israel
- A personalized certificate in recognition of their service
- A Leket Israel Bar or Bat Mitzvah t-shirt
Create a Chessed Project to Support Leket Israel
Looking for a way to support Leket Israel even if you are not going to be in Israel for your Bar or Bat Mitzvah or in addition to volunteering with us? Our staff will help you create a customized chessed project so that you can help Leket in your own way!
Planning a Bar or Bat Mitzvah Party in Israel?
Consider donating the leftover food from your party to our Leket to Table program. The leftovers will be picked up by a Leket volunteer at the end of the party and taken directly to a soup kitchen, elderly center, high school for at-risk youth or other non-profit in the area.
Match Made in Heaven - Wedding Celebrations
Due to the large interest of families overseas to host their weddings and Simchas in Israel, we would like to offer a meaningful initiative for couples and families, giving them the opportunity to benefit others at the same time as celebrating their own joyous occasion.
When planning a wedding in Israel, many ask ‘where do all the leftovers go’ and not all caterers are actually even aware that they can donate what is left over in their kitchens at the end of the event. Just recently, after 10 years of intensive work by Leket Israel, the Food Donation Act was unanimously approved by the Knesset to encourage the rescue of surplus food. This means that caterers are able to and encouraged, to donate surplus food from events.
The Match Made in Heaven Initiative includes:
Leket Israel would be delighted to collect any leftover food from the kitchens for redistribution at the end of your event. All we need is the contact information for your caterer, the venue and date of the event and we will do the rest. If the couple would like us to, Leket will also be happy to print cards to be placed on the tables at the event notifying the guests of the host’s connection with Leket Israel.
Leket Israel offers volunteering activities for a pre or post wedding activity with families and guests from abroad so you can spend some quality time with the people who come to celebrate with you. Come sort and pack rescued produce for distribution to Leket’s nonprofit partners at its Raanana Logistics Center or pick fruits and vegetables for the needy with our Project Leket gleaning initiative. These enjoyable activities last no more than a couple of hours and are suitable for the whole family.
Volunteering Opportunities Include:
- LEKET ON THE MOVE: Sort and pack rescued produce for distribution to our nonprofit partners at our Ra’anana Logistics Center. Sunday- Thursday, 10:00am-12:00pm or 1:30pm-3:30pm. This is an indoor hands-on activity in our warehouse and is not suitable for children under 6.
- HARVEST HELPERS: Pick fruits and vegetables for the needy with our Project Leket gleaning initiative. This is an outdoor hands-on activity suitable for all ages.
- HaTov VeHametiv field near Rehovot in central Israel. Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays 9:00am-11:00am, 11:00am-1:00pm or 1:00pm-3:00pm. On Thursdays until 1:00pm only.
- Binyamina – picking cucumbers/peppers/tomatoes on Mondays, Wednesdays 08:30-14:30, every 2 hours, groups up to 50 participants ages 17+.
What better way to celebrate your new family than by ensuring that others have food to eat. Set up your own personal FundMe page where friends and family can donate directly to Leket Israel in your honor. Check out a sample here.
Donations are tax-deductible in Canada, Israel, the US, and UK.