The goal of Leket Live is to provide Leket Israel supporters with a behind the scenes look at Leket Israel’s activities both in the area of food rescue as well as distribution.
Over the course of two days, we took a deep dive into what Leket Israel does and how it does it.
We started by meeting a farmer who has been a Leket Israel partner for over 12 years then up to the north to see our new hub in Kiryat Ata. We met with both cooked food and produce donors, heard from recipients on how impactful the food is on their lives. We picked tomatoes in Binyamina, traveled to drug plagued parts of South Tel Aviv ate lunch at Fattal’s Jerusalem Plaza hotel, packed meals for the needy and went on a food tour of the Israel museum. It was inspiring to learn all the ways that Leket Israel is influencing people’s lives around the country.
- Visited a farm in Tzofit to meet with Yuval a farmer who has been donating to Leket Israel for over 12 years
- Packaged food at the new Leket Israel hub in Kiryat Ata
- Spoke with the Director of Human Resources at the Israel Electric Company which provides 600-700 meals per day from 5 locations. We also enjoyed a delicious lunch in their cafeteria
- Heard from a single mother at Chesed Metzion a Leket Israel produce hub in Kiryat Bialik
- Picked tomatoes in the Leket Israel hot houses in Binyamina
- Enjoyed a festive dinner in the Logistics Center with brief remarks by MK Miki Haimovitch, Chezi Ovadia CEO of ISS and presented a recognition award to two dedicated volunteers
- NPO tours of South Tel Aviv
- Lunch at Fattal chain hotel – Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem where they donate 300,000 meals a year
- Volunteered at Leket Israel Jerusalem hub at Eshel Yerushalayim
- Went on a food tour at the Israel museum
- Finished with dinner at Beer Bazaar in the Machane Yehuda shuk
Watch our video highlights: