Table of Contents
The Table to Table – Leket Israel Leket Israel (the “Leket Israel”), treats the privacy of Leket Israel’s Website users with respect; the Website operates at: www.leket.org, and any other landing page and additional domain at Leket Israel’s discretion (the “Website”).
Reporting a Violation of Your Privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been violated, please contact us. Leket Israel’s representatives are available to you for any request, response, question, or complaint. Full details on how to contact us, including an online form designed for this purpose, are located on the “Contact Us” page on the Website.
Types of Personal Information at Leket Israel and How to Provide it
Leket Israel’s Website
Use of the Website does not involve any registration process, or provision of personal information. However –
Providing information voluntarily. The Website is comprised of various sections, including registration forms, contact forms, or other forms, through which you will be asked to provide us with information and contact details, in accordance with any relevant need and circumstance. Some of these registration forms are permanent forms, while others are ‘seasonal,’ depending on the various activities performed by Leket Israel. Thus, for example –
- To report any surplus agricultural produce to Leket Israel, you will be prompted to provide your full name, phone number, email, and relevant location details.
- To subscribe to receive Leket Israel’s information newsletters, you will only be prompted to provide your email.
- To register to volunteer at Leket Israel, you will be asked to provide your full name, phone number, email, city of residence, as well as note the voluntary activity in which you wish to participate, and whether you have ever participated in Leket Israel’s activities in the past.
- To the extent that you express an interest in any of Leket Israel’s ‘wanted ads,’ you will be asked to note the desired position, your full name, address, phone number, and email, as well as attach a resume.
- In order to contact Leket Israel virtually, you will be asked to provide, on the ‘contact us’ form, the subject matter of your request, your full name, email, phone number, and fill out the contents of your message.
Automatic Collection. Leket Israel also collects information through your use of the Website; products and/or services appearing in it, or redirecting to and from it, including information about the User’s usage habits. See details below.
Events Held by Leket Israel. When registering for an event and/or at the various events held by Leket Israel, you will be asked to provide various details such as: your full name, email, telephone number, and the number of participants in the event.
Communication with Leket Israel. When communicating with Leket Israel, Leket Israel may document such communication. For example, it is possible that we may document your conversations with any Leket Israel agent, as well as emails and other correspondence with Leket Israel, agreements with Leket Israel, information related to your voluntary work with Leket Israel, as well as other information you may provide Leket Israel as part of the interaction between you and Leket Israel.
Non-Identifying Data. Leket Israel may collect non-identifying data, which includes aggregate data, statistical data, and other data derived from your personal information. The consents granted in the setting of the Binding Documents shall apply also to these data. You acknowledge that this data is owned by Leket Israel, and that it will be entitled to make any use of it, and that you will not be entitled to any consideration in respect thereof, or in connection with any personal information collected about you.
Information Collected by Third Parties
Your Duties with Respect to Your Personal Information
You are not required by law to provide personal information about yourself. Its provision depends on your consent and free will.
However, providing incorrect information, or failure to provide all necessary information, could prevent you from being able to complete the registration process on the relevant form, impair the quality of the services provided to you, or impair the ability to contact you, if and when necessary.
Providing information about a third party unlawfully, and providing incorrect information, could lead to sanctions against you, and at times even amount to a criminal offense.
Information Collected During Use of the Website
While using the Website and/or the products and/or services listed on it or linked to it or from it, Leket Israel may collect information about your habits with respect to use of the Website, including forms you completed, information you read, pages you viewed, the services of interest to you, the location of the computer and Internet Protocol (IP address) via which you accessed the Website, the type of operating system you use, the type of end device in your possession, and more.
Additionally, Leket Israel may collect and use the services of third parties to collect and analyze anonymous, statistical, or aggregate information connected to use of the Website, including information about your activities on the Website.
- To support Leket Israel’s activities;
- The allow you to use the Website, its contents, and the services offered therein;
- To achieve the purpose for which you provided your personal information to Leket Israel by whichever registration form you used, such as collecting surplus agricultural products, sending newsletters, coordinating your volunteer work for Leket Israel, reviewing any inquiries related to a wanted ad, your registration for Leket Israel’s events, and more;
- To improve and enrich the services and content on the Website, including for the purpose of creating new services and content corresponding to Users’ demands and expectations, as well as to modify or cancel existing services and content. The information used by Leket Israel for this purpose will be principally statistical information, that does not personally identify Users;
- Presenting content by Leket Israel and/or third parties, including by way of presenting advertising materials as defined in the Communications (Telecommunications and Broadcasting) Act 1982-5742 (“Advertising Materials”), direct mailing and/or direct mailing services, as defined in the Privacy Protection Act 1981-5741 (“Direct Mailing,” “Direct Mailing Services,” and the “Privacy Protection Act,” respectively), as described below.
- To contact you when Leket Israel believes that to be necessary;
- To analyze, control, and provide statistical information to third parties. This information will not identify you personally;
- For the proper operation and development of the Website;
Direct Mailing, Notices, and Newsletters
As stated above, personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending promotional content, advertising, information about Leket Israel’s activities, advertisements, and other content from Leket Israel and/or any agent thereof. For example, Leket Israel may use personal information to offer you content that, in its opinion, is suitable to you, by direct mailing or by any other means.
Sending the aforementioned content may be done by any means of communication, including post, email, phone, and mobile phone, including recorded messages and SMS, Push, fax, social networks, and other measures (as well as with the assistance of third parties).
In addition, subject to your approval, the personal information collected may be passed on to advertisers and other third parties who may send content, advertisements, and contact you independently (for example by means of Direct Mailing Services), in the aforementioned means.
Providing Information to Third Parties
- Insofar as is necessary for the proper provision of the Website’s services, such as in the event that Leket Israel uses outsourced services for the purpose of the Website’s smooth ongoing operation;
- Should Leket Israel receive a judicial order, or any demand from a competent authority, instructing it to convey your details or personal information to a third party;
- In the event of any dispute, claim, legal action, demand, or legal proceedings, if any, between you and Leket Israel or anyone acting on its behalf;
- In any event that Leket Israel believes that sharing the information is necessary to prevent injury to the rights of others or its own rights, including personal injury to you, or damages to your property, or to the person or property of any third party;
- For the purpose of providing and sharing anonymous, aggregate, and statistical information with companies or organizations affiliated with Leket Israel;
- To its suppliers, business partners, advertisers, and any third party, in accordance with Leket Israel’s discretion, in order to exercise its rights or business activities. Thus, for instance, it is possible that personal information about you may be communicated to third parties in order to mail advertising materials, notices, and newsletters;
- In accordance with your express request.
To subsidiaries and affiliates of the Society such as American Friends of Leket Israel; Leket Canada; Leket UK; Leket France (des Amis de Leket Israël en France).
Where the Information is Stored?
For example, it is possible that personal information will be stored in Israel or overseas by Leket Israel, with the server hosting providers, and data backup.
Leket Israel may use ‘Cookies’ on the Website for the purpose of its ongoing and smooth operation, including to collect statistical data about how the Website is used, to verify information, customize the Website to your personal preferences, for information security needs, and more.
Cookies are text files that your browser creates pursuant to a command from the Website’s computers. Some cookies expire when you close your browser, while others are saved on the hard drive on your device.
Cookies can contain a variety of information, such as pages you visited, the length of time you spent on the Website, where you arrived at the Website from, sections, information that you ask to view when entering the Website, and more.
If you do not wish to accept Cookies, you can prevent this by changing your browser settings. To do so, please consult the browser’s help file. In the setting of some of the abovementioned services, you can ask to opt out of the collection of Cookies files about you (using the “Opt-Out” option).
For more information on the option to be removed from the Google Analytics service, click here.
Remember, however, that disabling Cookies may prevent you from using some services and features on the Website, or on other websites. Furthermore, you can erase the Cookies from your computer at any time.
Leket Israel attributes great importance to information security on its systems. To store the information, it operates systems, applications, and information security procedures designed to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss, or unauthorized access to the information.
However, there is no certainty that these applications absolutely guarantee that personal information will not be exposed or stolen from the databases. Therefore, Leket Israel does not undertake, and you cannot reasonably expect, that the services and information systems used by Leket Israel will be completely immune to unauthorized access to the information stored on them. By the very use of the Website and its services, you acknowledge and agrees to these limitations.
Right to Peruse Information
Under the Privacy Protection Act, in certain circumstances, a person is entitled to personally view, or by agency of his attorney whom he authorised in writing therefore, or by agency of his guardian, the contents of the information stored concerning him on any database.
In some circumstances, it is possible that a person who perused information about himself, and found it to be untrue, incomplete, or not up-to-date, will be allowed to contact the database owner with a request to correct the information, or delete it.
In the event that you contact Leket Israel as aforementioned, Leket Israel will act in such manner as corresponds to the way in which it interprets the provisions of applicable law. You may contact us pursuant to the contact details appearing below.
This EU Notice shall be binding upon Leket Israel only in cases a court of competent jurisdiction finds that the GDPR applies to Leket Israel and Personal Information it collects (and in such case your rights under this Notice shall apply only to Personal Data as defined in the GDPR). In all other cases nothing in this EU Notice shall be deemed as a representation, warranty or undertaking by Leket Israel, and no entity or person may rely upon any of the terms and/or the information provided below hereunder.
- Data Subject’s Rights. Note, that in certain jurisdictions you may be granted some or all of the following rights:
- Right to Restrict Processing: YOU can request that we limit how we use Your information.
- Right to Object: You may challenge certain types of processing we do.
- Right of Access: You may request a copy of the information about You which we possess.
- Right of Portability: You may request and receive a copy of the information We have on you in a machine-readable and commonly used format.
- Right of Rectification: You may require Us to correct personal information about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Be Forgotten: You may ask us to erase any personal information stored about you, subject to certain restrictions.
- Rights Related to Automated Decision-Making Including Profiling: if You believe your Personal Data is being processed unlawfully You may ask Us to deliver to You a copy of Our automated processing activities.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Legal Basis for Processing.
- If this EU Notice is applicable, our processing of your Personal Information will be legitimized as follows: Whenever we require your consent for the processing of your personal information such processing will be justified pursuant to Article 6(1) lit. (a) of the GDPR.
- If the processing of your Personal Information is necessary for the performance of a contract (or previous consents you have provide) between you and us or for taking any pre-contractual steps upon your request, such processing will be based on GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (b).
- Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, we will process your information on basis of GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (c), and where the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such processing will be made in accordance with GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (f).
- The details regarding any transfer of personal data to a third country and the safeguards taken –
- Whenever we transfer your Personal Information out of the EEA, we ensure similar protection and put in place at least one of these safeguards:
- We will only transfer your Personal Information to countries that have been found to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- We may also use specific approved contracts that use Standard Contractual Clauses for the protection of personal data where appropriate, with our service providers that are based in countries outside the EEA, including those based in the US and Australia. These contracts give your personal data the same protection it has in the EEA.
- If you are located in the EEA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place for the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA.
Consequences of failing to provide the personal data – you are under no obligation to make any donation or contribution to Leket Israel. However, we may not process a donation or contribution if some of the Personal Information is not provided.
Leket Israel is a non-profit organization and accordingly this Notice shall be binding upon Leket Israel only if a court of competent jurisdiction finds that the CCPA applies to Leket Israel and Personal Information it collects (and in such case your rights under this Notice shall apply only to personal information as defined in the CCPA) . In all other cases nothing in this notice shall be deemed as a representation, warranty or undertaking by Leket Israel, and no entity or person may rely upon any of the terms and/or the information provided below hereunder Categories of personal information we collect.
We collect Personal Information. Personal Information does not include: (a) Publicly available information from government records; (b) Deidentified or aggregated consumer information; (c) Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like – health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from our consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Categories of third parties with which Personal Information has been shared
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, donation, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information.
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
F. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
G. Geolocation data.
Physical location or movements.
H. Sensory data.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Disclosures to third parties – we may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, if required by law we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
- Personal Information Disclosure – In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not disclosed the categories indicated in the above chart to the categories of third parties ascribed net to them.
- Sales of Personal Information – In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information.
- Your Rights and Choices – In certain cases, the CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights – You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the information we are required to disclose under applicable law (per the items provided above).
- Deletion Request Rights – You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. For example, We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to: (1) Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information; (2) Detect security incidents or protect our rights or third party rights; (3) comply with applicable law; (4) internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights – Full details on how to contact us, including an online form designed for this purpose, are contained on the “Contact Us” page on the Website. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to any requests you may have.