In honor of Nutrition/Dietition Week, Leket dietitians, Smadar Hod-Ovadia and Moran Kilzi are pleased to share with a recipe for a delicious and nutritious black lentil salad. Black lentils belong to the legume family and are rich in protein, dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals. Legumes are an excellent raw material for use in various recipes, are inexpensive to purchase and can be a substitute for the main course in a meal.
- 1 cup black lentils
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 4 large green onion stalks
- ½ block (130 grams) of salty cheese (feta, Bulgarian)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the black lentils in a pot with a lot of boiling water for 20 minutes until soft but not mushy. Strain
- Place the vegetables in a bowl and add the lentils and the cheese
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and season
- Pour olive oil over the salad, add the sauce, mix and enjoy!