Volunteer With Leket Israel
Join our 54,000 annual volunteers in gleaning, sorting and packaging rescued food for the Israelis in need.
- Harvest Helpers: harvesting fruits and vegetables. The activity takes place at Rishon Lezion fields in central Israel
- Leket on the Move: prepare rescued fruits and vegetables in Gan Haim Logistics Center for distribution to our non-profit partners
- Professional volunteering at the offices of Leket Israel: such as translation, photography, graphic design, programming etc.
- The “Giving Tree” Project: independent picking from private home gardens, suitable for residents only
Volunteering with Leket Israel is a hands-on activity:
- Gleaning at our Rishon Lezion Fields is appropriate for all ages.
- Sorting and packing at our Ra’anana Logistics Center is for all ages.
No previous experience is required.
Volunteers are welcome to join us for one session per day, for as many days as they choose.
- Gleaning at Rishon Lezion Fields (in central Israel) takes place on Sunday-Thursday from 9am-11am/11am-1pm/1pm-3pm.
- Sorting and packing at the Gan Haim Logistics Center takes place Sunday-Wednesday from 9:00am-12:00pm/12:45pm- 3:00pm, Thursdays 9:00am-12:00pm.
- All volunteers are required to wear closed-toed shoes.
- We recommend that you wear clothing that is suitable for outdoor work.
- Each volunteer in the fields is asked to bring a hat and 2 liters of water.
All food gleaned, sorted and packed by Leket volunteers is distributed to our 200+ nonprofit partners throughout Israel. This rescued food is provided to Israelis in need regardless of age, background and religion.