Volunteer With Leket Israel
Join our 56,000 annual volunteers in gleaning, sorting and packaging rescued food for the needy in Israel.
- Details are for internal use only and will not be shared with any outside party
- Glean in the fields: harvest fruits and vegetables in one of our fields. The activity takes place at Moshav Nahalal Fields in northern Israel or at our fields near Rechovot in central Israel
- Sort & pack produce: prepare rescued fruits and vegetables in Raanana Logistics Center for distribution to our non-profit partners
- Rescue hot meals: collect and distribute surplus hot meals from catering halls and restaurants. Must have own car to participate and be able to commit to long-term volunteering.
Volunteering with Leket Israel is a hands-on activity and is suitable for all ages and group sizes:
- Gleaning at our Moshav Nahalal or Shiller Fields is appropriate for all ages
- Sorting and packing at our Ra’anana Logistics Center is recommended for ages 12 and above
No previous experience is required.
Volunteering takes place in 2-hour sessions. Volunteers are welcome to join us for one session per day, for as many days as they choose.
- Gleaning at Moshav Nahalal Fields takes place Sunday-Thursday from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Volunteering takes place in 2-hour sessions. Volunteers are welcome to join us for one session per day, for as many days as they choose.Gleaning at Rehovot Fields takes place on selected dates from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Sorting and packing at the Ra’anana Logistics Center takes place Sunday-Thursday from 10:00am-12:00pm and 2:00pm-4:00pm.
- All volunteers are required to wear closed-toe shoes.
- We recommend that you wear clothing that is suitable for outdoor work.
- Each volunteer in the fields is asked to bring a hat and 2 liters of water.
All food gleaned, sorted and packed by Leket volunteers is distributed to our 195 non-profit partners throughout Israel. This rescued food is provided to Israelis in need of all ages, backgrounds and regions of Israel.
Leket supporters can help in many ways beyond volunteering in the fields or at the logistics center.
You can also organize a fundraiser or chessed (charity) project, host an information session for your community, congregation or organization or support Leket Israel on the occasion of a simcha (special occasion) or community event by opening a personalized charity page with Leket’s B’simchas.
Please contact Elena to find out more.