Volunteer With Leket Israel
Due to the spread of the coronavirus and the new Ministry of Health guidelines, we are forced to temporarily shut down our volunteer activities for the foreseeable future.
We look forward to the day when we can return to normal.
In the meantime, please leave your details so that we can coordinate a volunteering opportunity for you when we return to normal activity.
Wishing health to you and your families,
Join our 37,000 annual volunteers in gleaning, sorting and packaging rescued food for the needy in Israel.
- Details are for internal use only and will not be shared with any outside party
- Harvest Helpers: harvesting fruits and vegetables. The activity takes place at Rishon Lezion fields in central Israel or at Binyamina Fields in northern Israel
- Leket on the Move: prepare rescued fruits and vegetables in Gan Haim Logistics Center for distribution to our non-profit partners
- Professional volunteering at the offices of Leket Israel: such as translation, photography, graphic design, programming etc.
- The “Giving Tree” Project: independent picking from private home gardens, suitable for residents only
Volunteering with Leket Israel is a hands-on activity:
- Gleaning at our Rishon Lezion Fields is appropriate for all ages
- Sorting and packing at our Ra’anana Logistics Center is recommended for ages 6 and above.
No previous experience is required.
Each volunteering experience is a 2 hour session. Volunteers are welcome to join us for one session per day, for as many days as they choose.
- Gleaning at Binyamina Field (in northern Israel) takes place on Mondays from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Gleaning at Rishon Lezion Fields (in central Israel) will take place starting March 16 on Sundays and Tuesdays, 9:00am-3:00pm and Thursdays, 9:00-1:00pm
- Sorting and packing at the Ra’anana Logistics Center takes place Sunday-Thursday from 9:30am-11:30am/10:00am-12:00pm 1:30pm-3:30pm/2:00pm-4:00pm
- All volunteers are required to wear closed-toed shoes.
- We recommend that you wear clothing that is suitable for outdoor work.
- Each volunteer in the fields is asked to bring a hat and 2 liters of water.
All food gleaned, sorted and packed by Leket volunteers is distributed to our 200+ nonprofit partners throughout Israel. This rescued food is provided to Israelis in need regardless of age, background and religion.
Leket supporters can help in many ways beyond volunteering in the fields or at the Logistics Center.
You can also organize a fundraiser or chessed (charity) project, host an information session for your community, congregation or organization or support Leket Israel on the occasion of a simcha (special occasion) or community event by opening a personalized charity page.
Please contact Elena, [email protected], to find out more.